Have a celebration to remember this year by making better food choices...
I'm taking the veggie road this Christmas and I know I am not alone here.
There are so many healthy and delicious recipes to celebrate the holidays with, that don't include meat. So, we've compiled our best for you, to cover breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and drinks this holidays.
Why is eating less meat important?
A report conducted by the Chatham House, titled Livestock – Climate Change's Forgotten Sector Global Public Opinion on Meat and Dairy Consumption , explains that the consumption of meat and dairy is a major driver of climate change.
Without a shift in global meat and dairy consumption, it will be impossible to keep temperature rises below 2 degrees celsius. One person eating just one less 150g serve of red meat a week for 12 months can save significant amounts of carbon pollution (our estimate is about 195kg), and approximately 10,000 litres of water over a year as well.
- Eggs Baked Inside Avocado With Tomato Relish - Vegetarian
- Nectarine pancakes with coconut maple syrup - Vegan
- Festive Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Za'atar - Vegetarian, with Vegan option
- Caramelised Grapefruit and Avocado Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette – Vegan
- Grilled Peach and Ricotta Salad - Vegetarian
- Donna Hay's coriander pesto potato salad - Vegetarian
- Donna Hay's honey and lemon thyme roasted carrots - Vegetarian
- Maeve O'Meara's Summer Ratatouille – Vegetarian
- Veggie Pot Pie - Vegan
- Beetroot tart with marinated tofu - Vegan
- Rice-less Cauliflower Risotto with Shitake & Spinach - Vegetarian, with Vegan option
- Swedish Meatballs - Vegan
- Raw No-bake Choc Orange Cheesecake Balls - Vegan
- Sugar-free coconut and chocolate cookies - Vegan
- Raw Almond and Cacao slices - Vegan
- Chocolate Mexican Cake - Vegan
- Mince pies - Vegan