Can you cut 1 Tonne of carbon pollution out of your life?Take the challenge
If you've tried a natural deodorant, but had issues with breaking out with a rash or excessive sweating, we can't blame you for going back to the conventional stuff.
But before you give up entirely on natural alternatives to store-bought deodorant, consider this quick and simple armpit detox from Wellness Mama.
DIY Armpit Detox
- 1 tablespoon bentonite clay
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons of water (to get right consistency)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bowl (do not use metal!) with a wooden or non-metal spoon until about the consistency of sour cream.
- Spread in an even layer over the armpits and allow to sit for 5-20 minutes. I suggest starting slowly and working up to a longer period of time once you see how your body adjust. If it hurts at all, remove immediately.
- This may cause some redness as it will increase blood-flow to the area, but it will go away quickly.
- Wash off in the shower or with a warm, wet washcloth.
- Repeat daily or as needed until under-arm odour goes away and natural deodorant is non-irritating.
Once you're ready to go back to a natural deodorant, check out our awesome recipe in the video below, or check out the recipe here.
READ THIS NEXT: 5 quick ways to remove smells from shoes