Can you cut 1 Tonne of carbon pollution out of your life?Take the challenge
Cheesecake only without the cheese! This planet strong recipe is vegan-friendly and a healthy alternative to your regular ol' cheesecake. I promise it doesn't disappoint in the taste credentials either. Hope you enjoy making this recipe.
Raw Lemon Cheesecake Slice
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup dates
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups raw cashews
- Juice of 1 lemon and rind
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure organic honey, or maple syrup for Vegans
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Soak your raw cashews in water for 4-6 hours. For quick soak, add them to a bowl and fill with very hot water until covered and allow to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Place almonds, dates, salt and water into a food processor. Process until it forms a mixture that sticks together in your fingers. Press the mixture into your slice tray to form the thick base. Try to keep this layer even by pressing down firmly with the back of a spoon. Set aside in the fridge.
- Next, blend cashews until they form a fine crumb. Then add in the rest of the filling ingredients and blend together until the mixture reaches a very smooth consistency.
- Spread filling mixture evenly on top of the base. Garnish with lemon rind, and leave in the fridge for 4 - 24 hours to set
- Cut into slices or squares when you serve.