Here's a different use for your grill! Grilling fruit completely brings out the flavour, and can make for delicious desserts coming into the warmer months, or wonderful additions to fresh salads. Peaches become caramelized and extra-sweet on the grill, which compliments the ricotta well. Hope you enjoy this recipe.
Grilled Peach and Ricotta Salad
- 3-4 peaches (you may need to vary this depending on salad size)
- Baby Spinach (or Rocket works great)
- 3 heirloom tomatos
- 1 small red onion, cut in thin half moons
- Fresh ricotta cheese
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- Heat grill to medium high. Slice the peaches in half and remove the pit. Put the cut peaches in a bowl and toss with about 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Arrange the spinach, tomatoes, onions on a platter.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Place peaches on grill and cook until peaches are just getting soft and have nice grill marks on them. Alternatively, if you do not own a grill, you could warm the peaches slightly in a frying pan for 1 minute or so to bring out the cooked flavour.
- Let peaches cool for about 5 minutes and arrange them pretty on top on the salad ingredients. You can also cut the peaches into smaller wedges beforehand if you wish.
- Garnish with ricotta and drizzle salad dressing on top and serve immediately.