1 Million Women is always looking for volunteer guest writers to contribute to our blog. If you want to expand your writing skills and share your passion for climate action, then guest writing for 1 Million Women is a fantastic opportunity.
Jobs & Volunteering
1 Million Women is looking for a creative & dynamic Head of Digital.
This role is about using digital strategy to empower women and girls from around the globe to act on climate change through the way they live and the choices they make every single day.
No two days are the same but as Head of Digital you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a digital marketing strategy to increase the visibility of 1 Million Women and grow our community
- Spearheading digital campaigns from conception to implementation, as well as post-analysis and reporting
- Managing, mentoring and developing the digital team, interns and volunteers
- Overseeing social platforms including Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Google+ and LinkedIn, plus exploring emerging channels
- Management of content marketing partnerships
- Image and video production
Candidates must have a knack for content strategy. Can you identify a story, work an angle and create the piece as a blog, image or video that gets great social reach? Can you lead a team to do the same?
You'll be the guardian of our brand so we're looking for someone that walks the walk when it comes living sustainably (this will make it easier for you to talk the talk!).
- 2+ years experience in the digital field
- A passion and strong understanding of 1 Million Women's mission.
- A creative thinker, with exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of 1 Million Women.
- The ability to interpret information, news, data and to research quickly in order to deliver compelling, newsworthy content.
- Basic proficiency in video and image creation (adobe creative suite preferred).
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimise our content strategy
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts and team members.
More info about this role:
This is a full time position (30-35 hours per week) reporting to the CEO. Following a successful probation period there is an opportunity to work 1 day per week remotely.
Location: 1 Million Women Head Office, Elizabeth Street, Sydney CBD
Applications will remain open until we find a successful candidate (however we're looking for an immediate start so preference is given to those who submit an application promptly)
This role is all about creatively interpreting information. So when it comes to your resume we'd love you to sell yourself to us.We're interested in some slick, persuasive advertising in the form of a pitch letter – or something far more creative – with you as the product. As soon as you think it's proper gold (that is, above and beyond what your competitors might do), send it across with your resume and portfolio of work to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about other vacancies at 1 Million Women, please click on the links below.
1 Million Women can't do what we do without passionate volunteers to join our team and help us out. We're looking for people who care about our beautiful planet and who want to volunteer their time to help us out once in a while. Those positions are anything from helping at events, coming into our office to do some data entry or other admin work...
We are currently looking for Social Media Interns. The most important job requirement is to have a strong passion for the digital world, social media and either already living with the least impact on the planet or wants to learn how. You will play an active role in the development of our online community. helping to maintain a presence on various social media platforms and contribute to creating and publish content.