1 Million Women is always looking for volunteer guest writers to contribute to our blog. If you want to expand your writing skills and share your passion for climate action, then guest writing for 1 Million Women is a fantastic opportunity.
Jobs & Volunteering
1 Million Women is a Not-for-Profit organisation, inspiring women and girls to act on climate change through the way they live and through the choices they make every single day.
We are seeking a savvy Social Media Coordinator with a social conscience to join our social team. Candidates must have a knack for image and video creation, a love of writing and a comprehensive understanding of the digital landscape. The Social Media Coordinator will be expected to sustain and develop the 1 Million Women's voice across all digital platforms. Proficiency in basic video editing and image creation is a must.
As part of 1MW Team, your job will be:
- Community management across all our social channels (this includes strategy to help grow our social presence).
- Generate content for videos, images, articles, digital and more to be used on website and social media.
- Schedule content and write engaging social copy.
- Provide feedback to other contributors
- Optimise content for search engines
- Contribute to long-form content projects such as e-books and lead generating social campaigns.
- Conduct analytical projects to improve blog strategies/tactics.
- A passion and strong understanding of the industry and 1 Million Women's mission.
- Basic proficiency in video and image creation (adobe creative suite preferred)
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of 1 Million Women's various types of content.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Creative thinker with excellent content generation skills
- The ability to interpret information, news, data and research quickly –and distil the most important/relevant information to inform unique and innovative new content
- We're looking for someone that walks the walk when it comes living sustainably (this will make it easier for you to talk the talk!).
More info about this role:
This is a full time position (5 days per week – 35 hours).
Location: 1 Million Women Head Office, Elizabeth Street, Sydney CBD
Applications will remain open until we find a successful candidate.
Before applying, we encourage you to visit our website and social media sites here:
Website and blog: http://www.1millionwomen.com.au/blog/
Note: This role is all about creatively interpreting information. So when it comes to your resume we'd love you to sell yourself to us.
We're interested in some slick, persuasive advertising in the form of a pitch letter – or something far more creative – with you as the product. As soon as you think its proper gold (that is, above and beyond what your competitors might do), send it across with your resume and portfolio of work to email@example.com
To find out more about other vacancies at 1 Million Women, please click on the links below.
1 Million Women can't do what we do without passionate volunteers to join our team and help us out. We're looking for people who care about our beautiful planet and who want to volunteer their time to help us out once in a while. Those positions are anything from helping at events, coming into our office to do some data entry or other admin work...
We are currently looking for Social Media Interns. The most important job requirement is to have a strong passion for the digital world, social media and either already living with the least impact on the planet or wants to learn how. You will play an active role in the development of our online community. helping to maintain a presence on various social media platforms and contribute to creating and publish content.